- 2 large handfuls baby arugala or watercress, rinsed and well dried, roughly chopped or torn
- 2 tbsp hazelnut oil or walnut oil as a substitute
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 smoked duck breast, cold, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, Toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 small wedge very good parmesan reggiano
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
How to make it
- Rinse the baby arugula or watercress and dry well, roughly chop or tear. Place the greens in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the vinegar, grain mustard and sugar, in a small deep bowl and whisk breifly. Gradually drizzle in the hazelnut or walnut oil until a nice emulsion forms. Season with salt, pepper and additional sugar if preffered. Pour over the baby greens, and gently toss to coat.
- Place the dressed greens on a plate and top with the duck slices (you can remove the duck fat beforehand and save for another purpose, but I love it, It melts in your mouth). With a vegetable peeler, shave thin slices of the parmesan reggiano over the salad. Top with the chopped toasted hazelnuts, a little extra leftover dressing, and the dried cherries.
For further information please contact Chef Keith Little:
Catering | Personal Chef | Ontario Canada | Private Chef | Menu Planning